On 26 June 2020, RCSS organized the ceremony in commemoration of the International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking at its headquarters, Loi Tai Leng. Participated at the meeting were General Yawd Serk the chairman, Lt. Gen. Sai Yee the voice chairman I, officials from different departments, the troops, local general public and students from National School. The ceremonies were held at 13 different places in its controlled areas including RCSS headquarters, Loi Tai Leng.
With regard to the RCSS activities on drug eradication in 2019-2020, the RCSS statement today states RCSS conducted its operations on drug eradication, rehabilitation for the drug addicts and giving the awareness on the danger of drugs as follows:
- Seized (35.85) Kg of opium, (30.13) Kg of Heroin, (682,311) amphetamine tablets and arrested (293) drug sellers and traffickers.
- Rehabilitation done for (1,804) male and (125) female – (1,929) persons in total.
- Giving awareness on the danger of drugs to the local public and our troops in our controlled areas for (469) times where (17,291) male and (8,345) female – (25,636) persons in total participated.
RCSS has the agreements with the government for the cooperation on drug eradication and has done the best in its capacity for the possible implementation. For the cooperation between the two parties, drugs seized with related properties and traffickers arrested by RCSS, which had been handed over to the government and the tatmadaw, are as follows:
- (78,149) tablets of amphetamines and (10.61) Kg of Heroin.
- (9) drug traffickers.
- (1) vehicle, (1) motorcycle, (1) mobile phone and (1.7) lakh Myanmar kyats.
RCSS chairman stresses that Illicit drugs have been enemy not only to individuals, but also to the organization, the community, the nation and the world. As illicit drugs have been great danger to the people of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar and those of the world, RCSS will cooperate with each and every organization in its implementation for drug eradication.
Leave a Reply